- Lots of hard work and sweat to help the I-Hope organization which has been aiding hurricane recovery in Collier County since Hurricane Wilma in 2005.
- Playing "Light the Fire" and singing songs that reminded me of my days in Root 66.
- Leading nightly Bible studies with my teammate Leslie, then discussing the study with the 8 young adults who joined us, followed by prayer and conversation with my friend Matt.
- Going door to door to invite people to a Lutheran Haitian revival service.
- Shooting a video for the Amigos Center in Immokalee.
- Serving at the food bank at the Guadalupe Center with Juanita. There I met a young woman named Jennifer and her baby daughter. Jennifer shared with me that she was on drugs during her entire pregnancy and gave birth to a perfectly healthy child. So she named her Miracle.
- Learning a ton of new card games.
- Speaking at the Haitian revival service to a room of over a hundred people who spoke very little English.
- A heart to heart conversation with one of my best friends.
- After celebrating the Lord's Supper on Friday night, Leslie and I were approached by one of our students, who told us that she was rededicating her life to Christ. We prayed together in tears.
- Talking to one of our students about her special opportunity to help another student who was struggling and telling her at the end of the week how proud I was of her.
- Watching my first minor league all-star game and home run derby.
- Seeing God grow the seeds of faith in our students and young adults.
Heroes of the revolution
12 hours ago